KT333 System worked. Now it wont post.

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by dburger, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. dburger

    dburger Guest

    I have SOYO KT333 system that has been working for over a year. I
    turned it off and went on a 4 day vacation and came back and when I
    power it up it doesn't post or beep, no video or anything. I've tried
    all the obvious stuff, reseating the RAM, reseting the cmos, all
    cables are fine. The fans all come on and work. Everything seems to
    be getting power.

    The day before I left the computer froze about 3 times, which it never
    has done before. I suppose this could have been a sign of something
    going bad? CPU, MB, RAM??

    When I power up, the HD light on the front of the case comes on
    constantly. The CD-R and DVD drives whir, light up green and then
    sit.

    Since it wont post I get no diagnostics or anything.

    I'm just hoping someone can point me inthe right direct to figure out
    how to diagnose the problem and fix it. Right now I've no place to
    start.

    Thanks for your help.

    -Denis

    dburger, Feb 23, 2005