    According to the Soyo hardware monitor it's not overheating but I
    can't think of anything else it could be.

    Any suggestions on these?

    Greg, Nov 19, 2003

  2. You didn't mention which bios version you have, but kvx42aa6 is required to
    recognize the Barton CPU's.

    Heat and/or incompatible bios version may be the cause of your instability.

    You might wish to provide complete specifications of your system including
    the readings from HW monitor in the bios and memory slot
    populations............

    Erik the Bold, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I flashed the BIOS and the motherboard now knows I'm running an XP
    2800+. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the instability problem. I
    think now it's the CPU.

    Thanks for your input!

    Greg

    Greg, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Greg

    Woobie Guest

    Try setting divider in bios to "/5."
    Joe

    Woobie, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Greg,

    Since it's running, I doubt that the processor is at issue.
    Please explain or describe your instability. (can't deduce without
    info.....)
    Post your system specifications and bios settings
    What processor fan are you running? Are you using Artic Silver for heat
    transfer?
    You may try setting the processor manually:
    Set FSB at 166
    Set multiplier at 12.5
    Set dividers at 2.5 and 5 respectively
    Set memory bus speed to match your memory (or "by SPD")

    Keep us informed.....

    Erik the Bold, Nov 20, 2003