KT4AV-L and Tekram DC-390U2WE?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Markus Egg, Dec 4, 2004.

  1. Markus Egg

    Markus Egg Guest

    Hello,

    I got a new system with MSI KT4AV-L motherboard,
    2x Seagates with 200GB, Athlon XP2800+ and so on.

    Installed SuSE 9.2 and everything was ok.
    Booted correctly, 9.2 coming up ok.

    Then I installed a Tekram DC-390U2WE SCSI adapter.
    There are currently no SCSI devices attached to the 390U2WE.

    Suddenly the whole machine does not boot from IDE0 anymore.
    Boot screen from mobo appears,
    boot screen from Tekram appears but then the booting stops
    not finding the IDE0 boot record
    ("Searching for Boot Record for IDE0..Not Found") which is really
    strange since this already worked.

    Boot order in the motherboard BIOS setup does not help.

    Are there any known issues between
    motherboard MSI KT4AV-L (BIOS: AMIBIOS A6712VMS V5.1 100303)
    and SCSI adapter Tekram DC-390U2WE (BIOS V3.26,SCSI Config Util. V3.26)?

    Did not find anything about this issue in the MSI FAQs, Tekram FAQs,
    Usenet grous, Web...

    Thanks in advance
    ME

    Markus Egg, Dec 4, 2004