KT4V (MSI6712) + Radeon 7200

Discussion in 'MSI' started by redmen1, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. redmen1

    redmen1 Guest

    Folks,

    Greetings to all, I after a small piece of advice.
    I have been running my Radeon 7200 card for a while now, but lately I
    have encountered a strange problem.
    I am running a MSI-6712 (KT4V) mobo (Latest BIOS), Windows XP (SP1)
    along with a DVD-RW, CD-RW and 80Gb HD. The other day I powered up the
    kit but was surprised to see no POST screens, the light on the monitor
    indicated that it was in stand-by mode, after approx 2 minutes the
    screen came back with the WIndows XP logon Screen. So I removed the card

    and reseated it, powered back on same problem. The only way I can either

    get into the BIOS settings or see the POST screens is to re-install an
    old PCI graphics card.
    The BIOS is AMIBIOS and I have tried changing the Primary Adapter
    Display from PCI to AGP and vice-versa, the only display I get is once
    Windows XP has loaded.
    I can't believe that the card is faulty as it functions ok in Windows.

    Does anyone have any ideas, I've got the latest version of MSI BIOS
    loaded.

    TIA

    Jon

    redmen1, Sep 4, 2003