    I tested the two sticks separately with memtest86 and discovered no
    errors.
    Any ideas?

    Paul26134, Jan 2, 2007

  2. Paul26134

    Rick Guest

    Look at your memory settings in the BIOS. There are sometimes settings that
    determine how multiple sticks of ram are handled.

    Rick, Jan 7, 2007

  3. Paul26134

    gtreichler Guest

    I had the exact same problem. I changed some bios settings on Tuesday
    and haven't had a crash since.

    Here's what I changed:
    SDRAM Timing by SPD: changed from Enabled to Disabled
    SDRAM CAS# Latency: changed from 2.5 to 3.0
    SDRAM Bank Interleave: changed from 2-way to 4-way

    Hopefully this will work for you.

    gtreichler, Jan 12, 2007
  4. Paul26134

    don largo

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Soyo memory problem

    The thing that Soyo doesn't advertise about that kt600 Dragon board is that if you buy the cheap Kingston memory which is has a latency of 3.0, you will have to slow your memory timings down. Of course, Kingston doesn't see fit to list on the box of said cheap memory that it is crappy 3.0 ram.

    Both of these companies have seen better days--ethically and morally speaking. I know I never got my rebate.

    don largo, Jul 19, 2007