    board. Also was there ever a legitimate manual for this board. All I have
    able to find was the abbreviated set-up giude.

    Thanx in advance.

    ed jurewicz, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Sounds like it might be running to hot.

    thestraightener, Jul 5, 2005

  3. ed jurewicz

    Matt Guest

    ed jurewicz wrote:
    > I purchased a soyo sy-kt600 dragon Plus ver2 for my son for christmas and
    > had problmes from the get go. After suffering a series of intermittant
    > shutdowns and loss of all usb functions, I finally shipped it to soyo for
    > replacement. After receiving the replacement, I rebuilt the system w amd
    > xp3000, memorex dvd, adaptec 1200, 1 wd 80g, 2 wd 100g, ati 9600 agp. I also
    > replced the old power supply with an antec smartpower 350w. The machine now
    > functions but I am getting intermittant hesitations or stuttering. with.
    > both. audio and video. Also my son tells me that the system periodically
    > when he plays games (half life, doom, etc ) the board will shut-down and
    > reboot. I am currently running win xp with all service packs and patches up
    > to date .
    >
    > Any suggestions on addressing these issues or did I just simply get a bad
    > board. Also was there ever a legitimate manual for this board. All I have
    > able to find was the abbreviated set-up giude.
    >
    > Thanx in advance.

    Check the forums regarding sound problems for your board. I had sound
    problems (yes, I think what might be called stuttering) with my kt600
    platinum and so put in a cheap soundcard. I would start from the ground
    up with PSU, mobo, cpu, ram, and video, no case, and some ram
    diagnostics. I would first suspect the heatsink, video card, and ram.
    Do some swapping.

    Matt, Jul 9, 2005
  4. ed jurewicz

    ed jurewicz Guest

    I have pretty much swapped out everything except the cpu and memory--new
    power supply, graphics cards, hard drives. I also recently reinstalled all
    drivers and reseated all components.

    Although I have not been monitoring tempratures continually the problems do
    not seem to be heat related. Next step is to start over with the minimal
    components and see if I can isolate the problem that way.

    I am beginning to think, though, soyo stuck me with another defective
    board. What can you expect with a "free after rebate" motherboard when the
    the rebates aren't rebated.

    Thanx for the recommendations and asssistance.

    ed

    ed jurewicz, Jul 10, 2005