KT6V LSR

Discussion in 'MSI' started by yankee-fan, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. yankee-fan

    yankee-fan Guest

    Just built a system with this nice motherboard. However, there is one
    buggaboo that is quite annoying...

    Everytime I shut down my computer it reboots!

    I've checked the usual culprits --
    - disabling or enabling power management in OS and Bios
    - don't have EZCD installed (there was a notorious bug that did this a few
    years ago)
    - disabled automatic restart after failure in WinXP
    - Also it did does this even on a fresh install of windows (xp, xp with
    sp1, or xp with sp2 ).

    I'm at a loss. only way to shut down is to hold down the power key for 4
    seconds at boot up.

    System specs:
    AthlonXP 2400+ 133 fsb
    512 MB Crucial 2100