    reading info at the highpoint site, it appears that I need a much latter
    version of the HPT bios ( >2.1) to enable >137 through the HPT controller.

    can I flash the onboard hpt controller independently of the mb bios?

    LK, Oct 27, 2004

  2. LK

    Jef Norton Guest

    | Hello all,
    |
    | I have a KT7-RAID. will a 200GB hard disk work with this board through the
    | onboard HPT370 controller?
    |
    | after doing some research this is where I am at:
    |
    | I have flashed my board to the latest bios, a9, available for my board
    from
    | abit, which includes the HPT37x BIOS version 1.11.0402. however, from
    | reading info at the highpoint site, it appears that I need a much latter
    | version of the HPT bios ( >2.1) to enable >137 through the HPT controller.
    |
    | can I flash the onboard hpt controller independently of the mb bios?

    Hi LK -

    You cannot flash the Highpoint controller independently of the motherboard
    BIOS. The Highpoint BIOS is embedded in the mobo BIOS.

    Paul Howland used to maintain a very comprehensive FAQ on the KT7/KT7A
    boards. On his downloads page you'll find versions of the latest KT7 BIOS -
    A9 - which have been modded to included the Highpoint 2.32 and 2.34 BIOS.

    Of course, these aren't official releases -- so use them at your own peril.

    http://www.sudhian.com/showfaqs.cfm?fid=2&fcid=23

    (scroll down the page a ways to find the BIOS downloads)

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 27, 2004

  3. LK

    Jef Norton Guest

    Also -- scroll down the same link to the Highpoint drivers - specifically
    version 2.34, which have the following release notes:

    .. Adds HPT372N controller support.
    .. Fixes hptpro.sys compatibility issue with NIS2003 on FAT partition
    .. Fixes 48bit LBA compatibility
    .. Adds RocketMate support

    From the above it would appear that you want the 2.34 BIOS and Drivers for
    hard drives in excess of 137GB.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 27, 2004
  4. LK

    LK Guest

    thanks for your help Jef, much appreciated.

    LK, Oct 28, 2004