    Currently undergoing significant levels of frustration. All I have to do to
    be happy is never play another game......or come up with a fix.

    John

    John Lidstrom, Oct 3, 2003

  2. John Lidstrom

    Skid Guest

    Latest VIA AGP drivers and DX9b?
    Power supply adequate?
    Tried disabling sound card as a test?
    Start, run, SMARTGART?
    Anything overclocked?
    Tried disabling Fast Writes in bios?
    Tried 2X instead of 4X AGP?
    Check the troubleshooting guide and forums at www.rage3d.com ?

    Skid, Oct 3, 2003

  3. John Lidstrom

    John Lewis Guest

    1. Did it ever run a DirectX game since the OS was last loaded ?

    2. Did the DirectX break after installing hardware
    and/or new drivers ? ?

    If NO to #1, or YES to #2, re-install the OS and drivers. The OS
    installation is broken. I would assume that ( since you broke the
    cardinal rule twice of never upgrading a BIOS unless the BIOS
    upgrade documentation states a solution to your problem ) you
    also attempted to uninstall and re-install the video drivers before
    unnecessarily endangering your hardware integrity with BIOS
    updates.

    You could try running DxDiag. Otherwise, see Skid's advice for
    further guidance.

    If you have to re-install, follow the MB manufacturer's guidance
    exactly, but use the latest OFFICIAL drivers for all hardware,
    including the MB.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Oct 3, 2003
  4. John Lidstrom