    It seems to me that I can use the newest Duron processors (1400 & 1600) with
    my Abit KT7a-raid motherboard (KT133a chipset). Is this correct?

    The information at Abit's website is outdated.

    ohn, Dec 11, 2003

  2. ohn

    Wes Newell Guest

    I don't see why you couldn't use the 1600. I haven't looked at the 1400,
    but it should work too unless the multiplier is 14x100 and it's unlocked
    and it won't do 2000MHz. Then you have to lock it to get it to work.

    Wes Newell, Dec 11, 2003

  3. ohn

    ohn Guest

    Thank you for your response.

    The Durons I've seen are marked Socket A 266 MHz, so the 14x100 should not
    be an issue. Or is there something I don't get?
    12x133 = 1600 MHz
    10.5x133 = 1400 MHz
    Both combinations supported by the KT7a-raid.

    Anyone who has tested one of the above processors with the KT7a-raid m/b?

    It seems like a nice and affordable upgrade from my current Duron 800 :)

    ohn, Dec 11, 2003