    I get intermittent lock ups - no pattern to this, purely random.

    I swapped from a Tbird 900, which was 100%

    Thanks

    Paul, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Paul

    Hui Yue Kam Guest

    Hi,

    Sometimes random lock up may due to poor power supply unit. Check the
    voltage to see if they are stable or borrow a good one from your friend to
    test it.

    Have fun.

    Hui Yue Kam, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Paul

    Wes Newell Guest

    Lower the FSB back down to 100MHz.

    Wes Newell, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Paul

    ED Guest

    Try another mouse. The wires in the mouse cable becomes intermittent at the
    point where it
    enters the mouse body and can drive you crazy. I have experienced this three
    times now.
    I know this sounds silly, but give it a try. You might be able to bring on
    the trouble by
    giving the cable a wiggle at the mouse body entry point.

    ED, Jul 31, 2003
  5. my system runs stably only @ 130 MHz and lower.
    ABIT KT7A-Raid 1.0, T-Bred 1800+ and three memorysticks.

    Sebastian Schlereth, Aug 1, 2003
  6. Paul

    Larissa Guest

    Try changing your bios settings in the DRAM DELAY to NONE, thats how I got
    my KT7A 1.0 working stable at 133fsb with 1400+ xp with 3 memory sticks

    Larissa, Aug 1, 2003
  7. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hey what do you know - I have changed that setting in the BIOS and its been
    stable for 3 hours now.

    I also found that playing divx movies usually beat the PC into a reset after
    about 3 minutes or less. I have now played a full movie.

    How did you come across this solution, trial and error ????

    Thanks very much for the assistance.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 1, 2003
  8. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Just a quick update - 100% stable, thanks again.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 1, 2003
  9. Hi Larissa!
    It´s only the FSB. I tried several BIOS-setings and memorysticks.
    With one or two i can rise the FSB up2 132MHz.
    My old T-Bird 950 (100MHz typ) runs w/o problems @ 133MHz FSB.

    Sebastian Schlereth, Aug 4, 2003