KT7A-Raid and corrupt intenet download files ??? Is there a problem?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Steve Lulay, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Steve Lulay

    Steve Lulay Guest

    Hello,

    I have a KT7A-Raid and am having consistent trouble downloading large files
    (80 mb) over a DSL Internet connection.

    The files download OK but when I go to install them there is almost always a
    "CRC Error" that indicated a corrupt file.

    These files (from adobe.com) can be downloaded by others with broadband
    without a problem.

    I suspect something on the motherboard is causing corruption. Either a
    memory or bus problem. I have the default factory settings.

    Operating system: Windows 2000 Server, but this problem also occurred on
    Windows NT 4.0 Server

    Hard Drive IBM Deskstar 45 GB. Two physical drives, one each primary on the
    high speed connector. RAID not enabled.

    1 meg Ram.

    Can you please advise?

    Thank you.

    Steve Lulay

    Steve Lulay, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Steve Lulay

    GlassVial Guest

    Hello,
    Well there's your problem, you don't have enough memory. 1 meg of ram
    is pretty sparse, you should get more. ;)

    Ok seriously, it sounds like it could be a few things. My initial
    thought is memory, try getting memtest86 (it's free) and running a
    test on your memory. I usually run one for 15-30 minutes on a machine
    I'm working on if it's exhibiting odd behavior. Next thing is to
    check your hdd (if the memory checks out) with some version of Ontrack
    (I believe IBM provides a version of this...) also, if your DSL is
    connected to a network card, be sure you have the latest nic drivers.

    Try all that first, and if that doesn't solve it there may be
    something else, PSU, bad cap on the board, etc.

    -GV

    GlassVial, Dec 22, 2003