    problem.

    Any help appreciated,

    Scrim

    Scrim, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Scrim

    GlassVial Guest

    I have an Abit KT7A-RAID mb with a Globalwin ONYX_520 psu.
    Uninstall and re-install the NVidia drivers. Install the VIA 4-in-1
    driver if you haven't already. Flash the card to a 5950 Ultra. You
    should be in good shape.

    -GV

    GlassVial, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    I installed the latest 4-in-1 drivers a few weeks ago and the latest NVidia
    driver a couple of days ago.
    Do you think flashing to 5950 Ultra would improve stability? I 'd intended
    leaving that and other 'overclocking' until the basic system was working
    properly.

    Scrim

    Scrim, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Scrim

    GlassVial Guest

    I installed the latest 4-in-1 drivers a few weeks ago and the latest NVidia
    Works great for me. Running a Leadtek A350, which is now a "A380
    Ultra" running just great in my KT7A-Raid board, 1.0, A9/2.35 Bios.
    This site may help you :)

    http://home.comcast.net/~tierone/nvbios/

    -GV

    GlassVial, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    ----------------------------------
    Original Post Was:

    I have an Abit KT7A-RAID mb with a Globalwin ONYX_520 psu.

    I just replaced my old Nvidia card with a Gainward FX PowerPack! Ultra/1100
    TV/DVI 128M (a low cost Nvidia fx 5900 card).

    I find Call of Duty crashes back to Windows XP within minutes of starting a
    level.

    After trying various bios settings I found that the problem is caused when I
    enable AGP 4x mode.
    Without AGP 4x the frame rate is very jerky, so I want to overcome this
    problem.

    Any help appreciated,

    Scrim
    ----------------------------------
    Thanks, It's nice to know someone with the KT7A-RAID is getting good results
    from an FX 5900 card. I've got the A9/2.35 Bios - I'll try reinstalling the
    4-in-1 and Gainward drivers and then flashing to 5950 Ultra. I got my
    Gainward FX PowerPack! Ultra/1100 TV/DVI 128M new for the bargain price of
    £150. I hope that isn't because they have stability problems (perhaps just
    with older motherboards).

    I already found the 5950 Ultra Bios here:
    http://driver.gainward.com.tw/Lan/Nvidia/Bios/geforcefx/fx5950ultra/5950e300.zip

    This appears to be all the Gainward Nvidia Bios's, so new stuff might turn
    up here:
    http://driver.gainward.com.tw/Lan/Nvidia/Bios/

    Cheers,
    Scrim

    Scrim, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Scrim

    GlassVial Guest

    Thanks, It's nice to know someone with the KT7A-RAID is getting good results
    Cool, give it all a shot and let us know how it goes :)

    -GV

    GlassVial, Feb 27, 2004
  7. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    Ok, I uninstalled the 4-in-1 drivers, then the Nvidia driver. Then I
    reinstalled them, 4-in-1 first. (with restart between everything).
    Result: no change. COD still crashes almost as soon as I start playing.

    Did your setup run ok before you flashed to FX 5950 Ultra? If you really
    think this might solve things I'll do it now, despite it apparently losing
    me my guarentee???

    Scrim

    Scrim, Feb 27, 2004
  8. Scrim

    GlassVial Guest

    Did your setup run ok before you flashed to FX 5950 Ultra? If you really
    Yes, and backup your video card's bios before you flash it and you'll
    be fine.

    I left my settings at stock both before and after the flash, no
    overclocking.

    -GV

    GlassVial, Feb 27, 2004