    Is it possible to use the RAID ports as normal IDE port ??
    I have no more available IDE ports...

    Thanks.

    Oodini, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Yes.

    I believe you might have to install
    a non-raid driver though. Others here should know for sure,

    Ron Marraccini, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Oodini

    Mike Guest

    Yes, you can use them as extra IDE ports, it's what I've been doing and it
    works fine under Win98 and WinXP (and others, I assume) as long as the
    HighPoint driver has been installed.

    Cheers,
    Mike

    Mike, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Oodini

    Oodini Guest

    Yes, you can use them as extra IDE ports, it's what I've been doing and it
    Thanks for the info.
    An so, what is the process ? They don't talk about that in the doc of the
    motherboard.

    Oodini, Aug 18, 2004
  5. Oodini

    Mike Guest

    What process do you mean??

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Oodini

    Guest Guest

    If you have installed the Drivers, simply plug the disk in and go.

    Guest, Aug 19, 2004
  7. Oodini

    R Hallman Guest

    You can run 4 hard drives on IDE 3 and 4 without having a Raid Array of any
    kind. The raid IDE ports are suppose to only support hard drives but I
    wouldn't be surprised if someone has found a way to connect something else.
    I use IDE 3 to support a single HD and boot from that drive. The highpoint
    drivers need to be installed and you have to tell the BIOS to boot from the
    Highpoint device "(I can't remember the term in the BIOS right now but you
    will recognize it when you see it)

    R Hallman, Aug 23, 2004