    Gregor

    Want to discover parabolic flights?
    www.aptovol.tk

    Gregor, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Gregor

    BF Guest

    What happens if you try FSB 100? I can not overclock my FSB much at all, I
    think because the memory can't handle it. You are also running the PCI bus
    at 44MHZ. Does it actually boot all the way into Windows?

    BF, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Gregor

    Gregor Guest

    yes boots without any problem. I try 133/33 setting not 133/44.
    I tried Wes' cross reference but it did not help??? And the memory is
    running fine (its pc133 certified to 143)

    Gregor, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Gregor

    BF Guest

    First let me say that if it is booting this probably has no bearing on your
    problem but.....
    I looked in my user's manual and it shows 133/44 only, but I just noticed
    you have a KT7A and mine is KT7 ( non A). Again not knowing what the
    difference is with the KT7"A", my memory clock is the host clock + PCI
    Clock. So in other words, if you are running your clock at 133 + PCI clock
    you are running your memory at 166. It can be set in bios to just the host
    clock.

    BF, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Gregor

    Chris Guest

    You'll find that the 'A' means that the board can deal (ie. not
    overclocked) with a FSB of 133Mhz (266MHz DDR). Therefore, it can run
    the RAM at 133MHz and the PCI clock at 33MHz, so this isn't his problem.

    Chris, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Gregor

    k Guest

    From what i've been able to piece together from all the posts for mating the
    KT7's & XP 2400 and above, is you need to do a board modification to enable
    the multipliers to get the 133fsb to work.

    You can either do the wiring yourself, or try using this adapter
    http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/xptmc/xptmc.htm

    Good luck...

    k, Sep 4, 2003