    dram-cl: 2

    which other settings can be helpful?

    please help!!!

    Surfwienix, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Surfwienix

    Doug G. Guest

    From what little system information you provided it looks like you may
    need to relax your memory settings. It would help if you listed all your
    system hardware including the memory brand and ratings, and power
    supply. Also check the caps on the motherboard for any that are domed on
    to or are leaking and substance. See this page for pictures of bad caps.
    http://www.motherboardrepair.com/

    Doug

    Doug G., Aug 22, 2003

  3. Surfwienix

    Surfwienix Guest

    my system:

    Abit KTA7 (Rev 1.0)
    AMD Athlon-XP 2000+
    SDRAM 512MB, 133mhz, CL 2, no-name
    Matrox G400max, AGP 2x
    Terratec DMX Soundsystem, PCI
    Creatix HaM v.90 modem, PCI
    Realtek 8019 network, ISA
    Acer ADSL modem, USB
    IBM 80GB (ATA 100)
    Maxtor 20GB (ATA 100)
    ASUS 50x CD-ROM
    Samsung 8/8/32 writer
    Windwows XP SP1
    /all drivers are up to date
    /via 4.49 installed

    relaxing ram settings to "normal", cl 3, delay "auto" -> still crashes

    Surfwienix, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Surfwienix

    Surfwienix Guest

    forgot one thing: power system: 300W (no cheap one)

    Surfwienix, Aug 23, 2003
  5. Surfwienix

    Chris36m Guest

    Stop fooling yourself...get the proper motherboard for the chip.......stop
    listening to these "heros".....i had the same problem with a xp2100 and a
    KT7....for a measly 100 bucks get a new mobo and use the chip to its FULL
    potential.
    Bud-man

    Chris36m, Aug 23, 2003
  6. Surfwienix

    Wes Newell Guest

    According to AMD specs, a KT7 is a proper MB for any socket A cpu. Now if
    your MB is old and has bad caps and can't provide the consistant power the
    cpu needs, it's going to give you problems. OTOH, if the board is in good
    working order and the person setting it up knows what they are doing, it
    will work fine. As for a new MB, one can be had for under $50. Even $100
    isn't expensive, but the time it takes to get the OS's working right again
    can take days to weeks if one has multiple OS's. And if one has made use
    of the ISA port with special hardware, you're pretty much locked into an
    old board if you need that hardware. So it's not as simple as one that
    doesn't have special requirements might think.

    Wes Newell, Aug 23, 2003
  7. Surfwienix

    Doug G. Guest

    It's been a long time since I had my KT7A boards. I am assuming you're
    running the latest BIOS. I would set the 'CPU Drive Strength' to '2' -
    'Bank DRAM Timing' to 'Normal' - 'Delay DRAM Read Latch' to 'No Delay' -
    'MD Driving Strength' to 'Hi' - SDRAM Cycle Length' to '3' - 'PCI Delay
    Transaction' to 'Enabled' - 'Delay Transaction' to 'Disable' - 'PCI
    master Read Caching' to Enabled' - 'PCI master Bus time-out' to '0' -
    and you might even try bumping your vcore up one more notch to 1.775v.

    What are your CPU and system temps running at?

    Also what brand is your 300watt power supply?

    Doug

    Doug G., Aug 23, 2003