    entire hd as is. If not, whats an adapter that works
    well (ie no kernel recompiles needed with a 2.4.x series
    Debian canned kernel (I run Debian Sid))

    Brad Sims, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Brad Sims

    Jef Norton Guest

    |I am thinking of installing a 250G hd on my KT7A,
    | I don't do windows so that isn't a limitation...
    |
    | I just want to be sure that the bios will see the
    | entire hd as is. If not, whats an adapter that works
    | well (ie no kernel recompiles needed with a 2.4.x series
    | Debian canned kernel (I run Debian Sid))

    HI Brad -

    With the more recent BIOS releases you won't have a problem. 48-bit LBA
    support, breaking the 137GB barrier, was introduced for:

    .. KT7A/KT7A-RAID - revision 1.0 - 1.2... with BIOS release 7N, with the
    latest being A9.

    .. KT7A/KT7A-RAID - revision 1.3... with BIOS release 7P, with the latest
    being B4.

    There's a white sticker (usually) on the side of the last ISA slot with a
    barcode and your motherboard model and revision number printed on it.
    You'll need a small mirror to read it if your motherboard is in its case.

    If you have a RAID board, I believe the 48-bit LBA support with the
    Highpoint BIOS version 2.34. Modded versions of the Abit-released BIOS'
    containing the Highpoint 2.34 can be picked up at Paul Howland's FAQ...
    link - http://www.sudhian.com/showfaqs.cfm?fid=2&fcid=23 (you'll need to
    find the corresponding Highpoint driver for your OS... and, sorry, I cannot
    help you on that one as I'm stuck in the World-O-Windows... though you can
    probably find what you need scrounging around here:
    http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/bios_hpt370_370a.htm ).

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Brad Sims

    Jef Norton Guest

    Let's try that last paragraph again (seems I dropped a few words here and
    there in my zeal to type):

    If you have a RAID board, I believe they added 48-bit LBA RAID support with

    Jef Norton, Nov 5, 2004