KT7ARaid 1.1 and Sblive 5.1

Discussion in 'Abit' started by ARR, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. ARR

    ARR Guest

    Years back, there were many issues concerning lock-ups, system hangs, etc.

    Is this still the case? I have looked in some places but no concrete
    issues that would give a definitive answer. With a system running the
    latest bios A9 (7/11/2002) and windows xp, are there any known issues
    with lock-ups, etc still occurring that any of you folks know about?

    any links would be great.

    Thanks!!

    ]10 for a=1 to 20
    ]20 print "thanks!"
    ]30 next a
    ]run

    ARR, Jul 16, 2006

  2. ARR

    Jerry Wong Guest

    I am using bios A9 with my KT7a (cpu 1.33 @1400) in win xp sp2 / SuSE 10
    and Debian 3.1 without any problem.

    --
    Jerry Wong

    http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
    ????????? ??????,???????(??3:13)
    But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
    new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

    Jerry Wong, Jul 16, 2006

  3. ARR

    ARR Guest

    linux only? i am hoping for win xp sp2 to function.

    many thanks

    ARR, Jul 16, 2006
  4. ARR

    Dylan C Guest

    The issues you described could have been caused by bad capacitors, and
    not by the MB/Sound Card combination. Bad caps were a common problem
    among boards of that era and the only solution to such problems was
    replacement of the caps.

    if the problem was driver related, I would assume that it has been
    addressed in newer drivers.

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, Jul 17, 2006
  5. ARR

    Patty Guest

    I built 2 KT7s(not As) years ago within a few months of each other. The
    first one took the SB-Live card and had no problems. No lockups, nothing.
    Worked great. The second system would not work with the SB-Live card at
    all so I used a different brand soundcard. The first system burned up the
    capacitors less than 3 years into use. The second system was still running
    when I replaced the motherboard more than 3 years after use. Same BIOSes,
    same drivers. Go figure.

    Patty

    Patty, Jul 20, 2006
  6. Patty wrote:

    | I built 2 KT7s(not As) years ago within a few months of each other.
    | The first one took the SB-Live card and had no problems. No
    | lockups, nothing. Worked great. The second system would not
    | work with the SB-Live card at all so I used a different brand sound-
    | card. The first system burned up the capacitors less than 3 years
    | into use. The second system was still running when I replaced the
    | motherboard more than 3 years after use. Same BIOSes, same
    | drivers. Go figure.
    |
    | Patty

    Hi Patty -

    My experience with two KT7-RAID boards is much the same.

    One had no issues (after BIOS 3R) with a SB-Live card. The other one
    wouldn't run that card no matter what I did.

    The first board is still running strong after seven years of pretty hard
    use. The second board was re-capped at about three years and has since been
    retired.

    Jef

    Bird JanitorĀ®, Jul 20, 2006
  7. ARR

    Zorkon Guest

    Am running A9 on KT7A Raid with a 2400 XP xp OS with no problems at
    all Raid and all working excellently

    Zorkon, May 26, 2007