    The L1 bridges are all intact.

    TIA,

    Andy

    Acedrew, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Remember, this is a processor that dissipates ~72 Watts of heat.
    I'd seriously consider just using it at 1050 MHz, or sell it and find
    some other less toaster-like processor.

    If you're still serious about it, the KT7E will (unofficially) run
    happily at 133 MHz FSB with that processor. Is your PSU at least 300W?

    http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=43&pid=124
    http://www.overclockedcafe.com/reviews/KT7E_3.htm
    http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2001q3/kt7e/index.x?pg=3
    http://www.planetsavage.net/hardware/kt7e/index5.shtml

    Jens C. Hansen [Odense], Jan 30, 2004

  3. Acedrew

    Wes Newell Guest

    The KT7E with the KT133E chipset will work at 133MHz FSB (266FSB) and
    higher. The 1400 Tbird is in great demand from people that don't know they
    can run XP cpu's in there MB's. So, I'd sell the 1400 on ebay and buy a
    much faster XP cpu with the proceeds (and maybe have money left over). Or
    just go ahead and use the 1400 in the KT7E if you don't want to mess with
    selling it. Shouldn't have a problem with PC133 ram.
    Then it will be easy to overclock since you can change multiplier up to
    12.5. You should also upgrade the bios to A9. Uses same bios as KT7 and
    KT7A 1.0-1.2. If you have a problem with 133MHZ FSB, you could up
    multiplier to 12.5 and FSB to 112Mhz for 1400MHz. Good luck.

    Wes Newell, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Acedrew

    Acedrew Guest

    What I'm proposing is to run it at 14x100MHz, by upping the multiplier and
    lowering the bus speed to what the KT7E does support.

    Acedrew, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Why bother changing the multiplier with the somewhat flaky "pencil
    trick", when you could just change the FSB to 133?
    Are your RAM-module(s) only PC100?

    Jens C. Hansen [Odense], Jan 31, 2004
  6. Acedrew

    Wes Newell Guest

    That's all well and good, but it isn't going to happen. I don't think you
    can set a 14 multiplier on this cpu. It's a 1400C model, not a 1400B
    model. And unless they've done something special to this particular
    model, the highest multiplier available is 12.5. Unlock the cpu, set
    multiplier to 12.5, raise FSb to 112. 1400MHz. Or run it as it's designed.
    10.5x133. If you have PC100 ram, all you can hope for is that it will work
    at least at 112Mhz.

    Wes Newell, Jan 31, 2004
  7. FWIW, I've got an Athlon XP 1700+ T'bred "B" in my old blue KT7E, it's
    currently up to 12.5x133. I think you will be way fine with your 266MHz
    Tbird.

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Acedrew

    Wes Newell Guest

    With just a couple of bridge cuts, you could get a lot more than 1666MHz
    out of it if it's a B core.

    Wes Newell, Feb 1, 2004