KV8 Pro CPU temp & Keyboard/Mouse queries

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Steveb, Aug 6, 2005.

  1. Steveb

    Steveb Guest

    Hi All

    Just got a KV8 Pro board with AMD 64 3200+ CPU & Akasa 855 cooler, Abit EQ
    reports the temperatures as follows at idle, CPU 56c, SYS 35c and PWM 36c .
    The CPU rises to about 60/62c under sustained full load. Other cooling on
    the system is a 120mm rear Akasa fan pulling air out and a 80mm no name fan
    on the case side pushing air in.
    As this is my first Abit board (always had Asus) & AMD 64 can anyone tell me
    if those temps are OK? I have heard and read that Abit reported temps are
    between 10 & 15c high is this the case with the KV8 Pro?

    I have disabled Cool & Quite in BIOS and the EQ fan control so all fans are
    working at max.

    The keyboard query is that when the PV has been shutdown the keyboard lights
    are still active and my optical mouse is still lit, is this normal?

    Thanks

    SteveB

    Sys configuration:
    iCute case
    Abit KV8 Pro - 1.9 bios
    AMD 3200+ CPU & Akasa 855 HS/fan
    1gb PC2700 memory
    Casecom 500 watt PSU
    ATI Radeon 9550 256mb graphics
    Soundblaster Audigy
    Belkin PCI wireless card
    LG DVD rom
    NEC 3540 DVD writer
    Maxtor 120gb IDE Harddrive

    OS = Windows XP Home + SP2

    Steveb, Aug 6, 2005

  2. Steveb

    Mr Jay Joyce Guest

    Hi,

    I'm runing a KV8 pro u-guru with a AMD64 3000 and i'm running about 10 deg
    cooler than you (idle). Ive got 2 rear fans sucking and one side mounted ontop
    of cpu. I wouldn't be too worried though cause AMD chips have always run a bit
    hot in my experience. Never heard about the temps being higher on Abit boards
    though, I suppose I haven't been looking though.

    The mouse is normal, I'm pretty sure. All optical mice are powered all the time
    and independantly, so they stay lit up unless you turn the power off from the
    wall.

    Mr Jay Joyce, Aug 8, 2005