KV8 PRO Fails to power up after reboot... Works after CMOS Clear.

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Dan B, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. Dan B

    Dan B Guest

    I recently bought an ABIT KV8 PRO and installed the most basic of items
    into it... Athlon 64 3000+, 550 W PSU, Geforce 3 ti200, Audigy
    Soundcard, HDD.

    Basically what happens is that when I shut down windows the computer
    powers off. When I power it up again everything starts apart from the
    screen and about 2 seconds later the computer powers off again. After
    disconnecting the power and clearing the CMOS the computer will power up
    and load windows again.

    Its a bit of a pain because it forgets all my BIOS settings and I also
    have to set the time everytime I start windows.

    It doesn't always do it (maybe 90% of the time) but it does it everytime
    I add or remove a piece of hardware to my system.

    What should I do? I dont want to have to climb under the desk to clear
    the cmos everytime I want to start the computer.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards

    Dan B

    Dan B, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Dan B

    Dan B Guest

    I forgot to add that it always works fine after a restart, its just a
    shutdown that causes it.

    Dan B, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Dan B

    - HAL9000 Guest

    I think I would ask around the Abit forums (from Abit's website). The
    problem sounds bizarre - maybe bios related.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Dan B

    ô¿ô¬ Guest

    I came in late, but it may be that the CMOS battery is dead or dying.
    Replace the battery.
    -dc

    ô¿ô¬, Jan 15, 2005
  5. Dan B

    Dan B Guest

    I've been trying those most of the day but it doesnt want to load for
    me. ill try them tomorrow hopefully with more luck.

    searching google has given me a couple of people having the same problem
    (just for future reference if people stumble on this post from googles
    archives)

    http://www.ocforums.com/archive/index.php/t-345792.html

    http://www.computerbanter.com/q-t_52724-Pleast-urgent-help-KV8-Pro-no-POST-83-9c-9e-9f.html

    As yet I still dont know of a fix. I updated the BIOS to its newest
    version so i guess this will be RMA'd first thing monday morning.

    Dan

    Dan B, Jan 15, 2005