    while you work.

    I find it hard to believe Belkin or Rose hasn't built this capability
    into one of their products.

    Snake Charmer, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Snake Charmer

    Don Taylor Guest

    This idea is so sleazy I'm almost ashamed of myself.

    How about one of the cheap svga->television converters and then a
    tv tuner card to suck that in and display the picture in a window?

    The resulting quality would probably be horrible but if all you
    need is a little window to peek at then both these parts are
    commonly available.

    Don Taylor, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Snake Charmer

    Bob Eager Guest

    How about doing it a different way and using VNC?

    Bob Eager, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Thanks for the idea. That definitely works. Only problem is, the
    version of RealVNC I'm using (v4) doesn't seem to support scaling. My
    hope was that the window would be about 1/8 screen. I can resize the
    window but then I have to scroll. The online documentation shows a
    scaling switch but it doesn't work. Must be for an older version. Got
    any suggestions for any other VNC programs I can try?

    Snake Charmer, Feb 15, 2005
  5. On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:53:16 -0800, Snake Charmer

    Ahh! I found an older version. Works perfectly. I found that setting
    scale to 2/5 is just about right. At least on a 21" screen @ 1280 x
    1024. This also has the benefit of letting me watch the other computer
    when it's running Linux and over the internet. Wahoo!

    For anyone that wants to try, here are some links...

    (Windows) V3.3.7 <http://www.realvnc.com/3.3.7-download.html>
    (Windows) V4.0 <http://www.realvnc.com/download.html>
    (Other platforms) <http://www.realvnc.com/resources.html>
    Dox <http://www.uk.research.att.com/archive/vnc/docs.html>