    I know next to nothing about KVM Switches so I would appreciate any advise
    anyone could offer as to brands, types etc.

    Thank you

    Wayne, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Wayne

    Ben Myers Guest

    A two-port KVM would do the job. Lots of brands nowadays. Make sure that the
    new Dell has a PS/2-style keyboard, else you will have to worry about a KVM that
    supports a USB keyboard. Many of the ones on the market handle switching a
    PS/2-style keyboard, PS/2-style mouse and SVGA monitor very nicely.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Wayne

    rila Guest

    KVM switches work fine. Sounds just like what you need. I don't know of
    any that switch printers though. KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, Mouse and
    that is all the cheaper switches will switch.

    rila, Nov 28, 2004