    Spinal Guest

    Is anyone using a KX7-333 with an Athlon XP 2600 Tbred, with the 166Mhz
    (333Mhz) fsb and 333MHz DDR Ram. Or know if they will work on this board

    Spinal, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Spinal

    Jason Wright Guest

    According to Abit the KX7-333 board does not support 166 FSB Processors,
    also you need to check which revision of the board you have got, version
    1.0 does not support Thoroughbred processors, version 1.1 does.

    The revision is located on a sticker on the underside of the board.

    I can sent you a text file I received from Abit UK when I emailed them
    the same sort of question.

    I told them I was disappointed that this board does not support 166 FSB
    CPU's and got this response.

    You think the KT333 chipset can support 166FSb CPU is not correct as
    this
    I sent them a link to Via's web page that clearly stated that the KT333
    chipset supports 166 FSB and links to several motherboard manufactures
    web pages with board that do support 166 FSB.

    http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/KT333.jsp

    I got no reply.

    Hope this is of some use.

    --
    I Worship His Divine Shadow

    3DMark 2001 Project
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=4623264 Highest
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6236851 Current

    3DMark 2003 Project
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=510706

    Jason Wright, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Spinal

    rogueflyer Guest

    I have a KX7R w/ Athlon 2600+ fsb166. The CPU post as 2075mhz not 2600+ but
    WinXP and Sandra see it correctly.
    Runs great no problems with configuration. Don't know why Abit refuses to
    update the bios to identify the cpu's correctly.

    rogueflyer, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Rev 1.1
    Running a XP2100 @ 177MHz X 13 using the 5:2:1 divider.
    Works great. Pretty sure a XP2600 will work on this board.

    Helge

    Helge Johnsen, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Spinal

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Jason,

    You have to realize that official 166 MHz FSB cpu's were not around
    when the kx7 was developed. Also, that abit doesn't want to spend the
    money to go back and test these new cpu's with what they consider an
    "old" board. Then after the tests pass say "the kx7 officially
    supports these new cpu's". It's just too expensive for all the
    different boards they sell. For them, what is important is the most
    recently released mobo's, such as the kv7, nf7, & ic7.

    If those around here claim that it works, that's the best confirmation
    you can expect to get...

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.attbi.com/~hal-9000/

    - HAL9000, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Spinal

    mark Guest

    Yes,runs fine.Had to clear cmos 2/3 times for initial boot,since then no
    problems.
    need ver 1.1 board.
    God luck,Mark.

    mark, Jul 12, 2003
  7. Spinal

    Adrian Guest

    I have 1700+@2600+ and it works fine

    Adrian, Jul 13, 2003
  8. Spinal

    Jason Wright Guest

    I know that 166 FSB CPU's were not around when the KX7 was released, but
    version 1.0 of the board does not support thoroughbred CPU's at all even
    the 133 FSB one's.

    My main problem is that I have a 2000+ installed in the board and can't
    upgrade it with out sending the board to Abit for free modifications.
    I have heard several stories of people sending the boards to Abit to be
    modified and never seeing them again, Abit claiming that they must of
    got lost in the post.

    Jason Wright, Jul 13, 2003