    qwerty Guest

    Looks like Speedfan can't change the speed of the cpu fan. Is there
    some other way or is it impossible?

    qwerty, Oct 15, 2006

  2. qwerty

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "qwerty" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns985D73D4BBD21p3ifw90nsdek@81.174.50.80...
    > Looks like Speedfan can't change the speed of the cpu fan. Is there
    > some other way or is it impossible?

    Since you cannot speed it up, I'm assuming you wish to slow it down.
    Also assuming it is not running too cool, you must wish to quieten it. Best
    thing to do is use a slower yet larger fan that will run quieter and also
    output equal CFM(which is the real cooling factor in a fan), all by
    design. May require buying a different hs-and-fan. Still cheap compared to
    a burned up cpu! Also, compare the db (noise-rating where a small
    difference in db makes a large diff. in noise--uses a log-scale). Luck, s

    sdlomi2, Dec 1, 2006