    Psymaster Guest

    Anybody know why L7S7A2 gives so wacky temp readings? (except from the
    cpu temp)

    Psymaster, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Psymaster

    bompy Guest

    I have 44 C for system and 79 C for cpu and the system in with a 2500+ cpu
    is very stable, but not overclocked. I suppose this cpu temperature is given
    by the cpu diode.

    I think those temperatures are normal, in the users guide on the hardware
    Monitor page you can read 44 C and 80 C respectively.

    What are yours ?

    Bompy

    bompy, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Psymaster

    Psymaster Guest

    79 for cpu? I don't think that's normal. But anyway, the problem is
    that it is giving me exactly three different readings for the system
    temperature. It is -55, 80 or 127 C. That's silly. I think there is
    something wrong with the sensors. Anybody know where they are on the
    motherboard? I want to check them out if possible.

    Psymaster, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Psymaster

    MJH Guest

    L7S7A2, 2500Barton, Thermaltake Volcano 6cu+ HSF, 512MB Crucial DDR PC2700:
    CPU 49C temp steady. The System temp fluctuates dramatically every second
    as well as some of the voltages [slight fluctuation] in Hardware Monitor and
    I'm not sure why or if it's being accurately reported. Other than a Win98SE
    resource leak which I haven't had time to isolate, the box runs great.

    Personally, I wouldn't let the CPU run at 70+ C. I'd be remounting the HSF
    with fresh AS3 quick and checking the box air-flow.

    M. 31112. 8:44pm ET

    MJH, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Psymaster

    bompy Guest

    I have remounted the boxed cpu cooler 3 times, the first time with te
    original paste, then with Artic Silver and get always the same results,
    stable beteen 78 and 80 C..
    If the system read the cpu diode, The max may be 90 C.

    Speedfan has a some difficulties to install but then give same as bios.

    Bompy

    bompy, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Psymaster

    MJH Guest

    Air-flow? Case fans?

    M. 31113. 7:16am ET

    MJH, Nov 13, 2003
  7. Psymaster

    Slang Guest

    What you read is a fake temperature: stripped version of this MB is
    without temperature sensors, except for cpu sensor.
    Slang

    Slang, Nov 15, 2003