    Do you know what is the best practice for good keeping a laptop battery?

    For example:
    recharge only when a battery is empty....

    Guercio, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Assming Lithium-ion.

    You can recharge this from, any point of discharge. It is not necessary to
    discharge before recharge.

    Completely discharge the battery every 6 months or so - this is not for the
    battery, but to recallibrate the charge monitor.

    Anecdotal evidence suggest that life is prolonged by removing the battery
    from the laptop if it is being used on AC and the battery isn't being
    charged. My view is that this is more to do with heat than anything else.

    On the subject of which, keep the battery cool, don't allow it to warm up
    above around 25°C. Ideally, if it is not going to be used for any length of
    time, pop it in the fridge (NOT the freezer).

    My current battery is almost 2½ years old and still gives over 2 hours of
    use. It is rare for a battery to last longer than about 3 years.

    The Electric Fan Club, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Guercio

    Andrew Guest

    : Hi at all.

    : Do you know what is the best practice for good keeping a laptop battery?

    Read your laptop's user's manual. Mine gives tips on battery use
    e.g. don't leave the laptop plugged into AC power for more than about
    a half day with the battery charging.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----