  1. I'm using an older Dell Latitude and whenever I press three keys at
    once, it beeps. This happens when I type fast. Is there a way to stop
    it? I think Control Panel > Sounds does not stop it.

    Richard Fangnail, Mar 3, 2009

  2. Richard Fangnail

    S.Lewis Guest

    The sound is coming from the system board and "no".

    Does the machine function normally other than this?

    S.Lewis, Mar 3, 2009

  3. Richard Fangnail

    Scott Davis Guest

    There may be a way to stop it.

    1. Backup registry.
    2. Open notepad and copy/paste the following text into it:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound]
    "Beep"="no"
    "ExtendedSounds"="no"

    3. Save the file as "disable beep.reg"
    4. Right click the file and select "Merge" to apply the patch to the
    registry.

    If you need to undo the change, repeat the above, but change the two
    instances of "no" to "yes".

    Good Luck

    Scott Davis, Mar 3, 2009
  4. Hi!
    Has it always done this? If not, you may be looking at the early signs of
    keyboard failure or a keyboard ribbon cable that has somehow become loose
    over time. The beep is likely to be coming from the system BIOS, and it is
    the typical response when the system gets something back from the keyboard
    that cannot be understood.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Mar 3, 2009