Laptop display problem.

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by silverfox, Dec 4, 2006.

  1. silverfox

    silverfox Guest

    Hi there!
    I have a serious problem with my HP compaq nx7000 laptop. Few days ago
    it started to have problems with display. During normal usage (visual
    studio + some music in bg) it suddenly hanged, and after a few seconds
    thin black lines appeared on the screen (at first on the right, and
    than all over it). After turning the laptop off and then on again
    nothing happened as far as the LCD is concerned. HDD was making few
    rotations, same the fan, but the screen was completely black. I got mad
    and closed the lid with much greater power than necessary :), and then
    when I restarted my laptop, it started normaly, but after few minutes,
    when I tried to write something the same problem occured - strange
    fringes on the screen, like disturbances sometimes caused by the
    mobiles, comp. hangs and then after restart just the black screen. I
    unassembled this laptop, but the only thing I found concerning was a
    little spot of blended (faded) plastic cover of the screen component
    which is situated under the LCD and connects it to the graphic card. If
    you have any idea what it might be I'd preciate any help.

    Thanks.

    silverfox, Dec 4, 2006

  2. silverfox

    Quaoar Guest

    silverfox wrote:
    > Hi there!
    > I have a serious problem with my HP compaq nx7000 laptop. Few days ago
    > it started to have problems with display. During normal usage (visual
    > studio + some music in bg) it suddenly hanged, and after a few seconds
    > thin black lines appeared on the screen (at first on the right, and
    > than all over it). After turning the laptop off and then on again
    > nothing happened as far as the LCD is concerned. HDD was making few
    > rotations, same the fan, but the screen was completely black. I got mad
    > and closed the lid with much greater power than necessary :), and then
    > when I restarted my laptop, it started normaly, but after few minutes,
    > when I tried to write something the same problem occured - strange
    > fringes on the screen, like disturbances sometimes caused by the
    > mobiles, comp. hangs and then after restart just the black screen. I
    > unassembled this laptop, but the only thing I found concerning was a
    > little spot of blended (faded) plastic cover of the screen component
    > which is situated under the LCD and connects it to the graphic card. If
    > you have any idea what it might be I'd preciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks.

    That is the inverter board that supplies high voltage to the display. It
    runs hot and will discolor the plastic insulation. The original problem
    is likely a graphics card or mainboard component failure.

    Quaoar, Dec 4, 2006