    is keeping my laptop from going into standby at the 30 minute interval.
    Is there any utility or method of finding the cause of my problem?
    Thanks

    techman41973, May 19, 2005

  2. techman41973

    bobb Guest

    Set it for 25 mins.

    bobb, May 19, 2005

  3. techman41973

    BillW50 Guest

    Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:29:42 -0700

    Set it for 25 mins.

    Hi bobb... I'm just curious what makes you believe that setting it to 25
    minutes would make a difference in having it working while a setting at
    30 minutes would not. Do you know something that some of us do not?

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP Pavilion 8655 & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000

    BillW50, May 19, 2005
  4. techman41973

    bobb Guest

    Nope. If I did I wouldn't be hanging around here. I'd making big $$$
    instead.

    Just experience. I'm not saying this is going to fix it, BUT, until u
    find that util that tells u exactly what's preventing the machine from
    going to sleep, just use whatever works.

    25 is no magic number, try 24 if you want :) anything less than 30
    and be acceptable to u.

    Sorry, no metaphysical, absolutely clear, no doublt explanation
    (again, refer to paragraph 1).

    bobb, May 19, 2005
  5. techman41973

    BillW50 Guest

    Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:52:49 -0700

    Nope. If I did I wouldn't be hanging around here. I'd making big
    $$$ instead.

    ROTFL! Okay bobb... I gotcha. I have the opposite problem. As I could
    make megabucks (and have in the past), but the more I learn how money
    works and where it comes from, the less I want to deal with it. So I try
    to have as little as possible to do with money. Although I'm kind of
    stuck needing just enough to pay the bills. <sigh>

    Just experience. I'm not saying this is going to fix it, BUT, until
    u find that util that tells u exactly what's preventing the machine
    from going to sleep, just use whatever works.

    Well for someone that admits he doesn't really know, I do admit that you
    *must* have some really interesting experiences. <grin>

    25 is no magic number, try 24 if you want :) anything less than 30
    and be acceptable to u.

    Well it does sound like to me that techman41973 problem is do to some
    program that resets the time the computer thinks it is idle. And setting
    it to a lower value just might work. <grin>

    Sorry, no metaphysical, absolutely clear, no doublt explanation
    (again, refer to paragraph 1).

    Well bobb... as far as I am concern, you have a great head on your
    shoulders! Thus I don't think you should sell yourself too short. But I
    also have to admit that your modesty is just wonderful! <grin>

    BillW50, May 19, 2005