laptop <-> external monitor problem (display area is smaller than monitor)

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by eddie wang, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. eddie wang

    eddie wang Guest

    Hello,
    I have Dell laptop that is connected to an external monitor. The
    external monitor worked perfectly for several months until recently.

    The problem is that every time the external monitor falls asleep, it
    seems to reset itself somehow. when I wake the external monitor up
    again, only 80% of the monitor is used to display the laptop computer.
    In other words, the display on the external laptop is surrounded by a
    2-inch black border. If I play with the buttons on the monitor, i can
    change the display back to normal. But next time the monitor falls
    asleep or reboot, the same thing will happen again.

    Can someone help? I am really tired of resetting my external monitor
    display every time I reboot my laptop.

    Thank you in advance,
    Eddy

    eddie wang, Mar 2, 2004