    right away and nothing on the screen and nothing else.

    I have swapped the CPU , RAM , HD and samething.

    Any idea ?

    Max, May 18, 2005

  2. Max

    Nexus7 Guest

    If there's a BIOS or CMOS battery, it might be discharged. Sometimes
    you have to open the case to localte this battery.

    Nexus7, May 18, 2005

  3. Max

    Max Guest

    batt is ok.

    do i need the battery pack installed to make it working? or just the adaptor
    is ok

    Max, May 18, 2005
  4. Max

    BillW50 Guest

    Hi Max... I believe you misunderstood Nexus7. As there is more than one
    battery inside of your laptop. One large one that you know about and one
    small one buried deep inside to keep the clock running and the BIOS
    settings intact. My two Toshiba 2595XDVD laptops actually use three
    batteries. The third one allows one 30 minutes worth of backup power
    which is enough time to swap main batteries. My third batteries are dead
    and I should pull them out. As I believe they drain my main batteries
    more than it should.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000

    Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:14:15 -0400

    batt is ok.

    BillW50, May 19, 2005
  5. Max

    Max Guest

    I have a 3 V (Lithium) battery , and another one also in my laptop.

    Even if they are dead , the laptop should boot with the default setting , no
    ?

    These batt are there only tho keep the BIOS setting but if not there , the
    default setting should be intact or laptop is not like regular PC.

    Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:14:15 -0400

    batt is ok.

    Max, May 19, 2005
  6. Max

    BillW50 Guest

    Hi Max... Yes I would agree with you normally until many here and other
    places state that laptops with dead CMOS batteries don't always act the
    same as desktop computers. Apparently many laptops today will not power
    up correctly if the CMOS (BIOS) battery is weak or dead.

    I admit this sounds like a dumb design to me. Although I do suppose the
    manufactures get a lot of laptops coming in for service just for a dead
    CMOS battery. It is an easy fix for them. While charging one an arm and
    a leg for labor and a 2 buck battery.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP Pavilion 8655 & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000

    Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:14:15 -0400

    batt is ok.

    BillW50, May 19, 2005
  7. Max

    Max Guest

    Hi , the batteries are fine , any other ideas ?

    Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:14:15 -0400

    batt is ok.

    Max, May 24, 2005
  8. Max

    BillW50 Guest

    Hi Max... The only other idea I have is that it could be a bad
    motherboard. Although that isn't something you want to buy just to
    checkout this theory. I wish I could be more helpful.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP Pavilion AMD 1.2GHZ under Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within WordStar 5.0

    Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:14:15 -0400

    batt is ok.

    BillW50, May 24, 2005