Laptop Question/Infra Red

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Christina, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Christina

    Christina Guest

    Hi,

    I have a ZT1145 Hp Pavillion Notebook. In the manual it shows where the
    infra red port is and says select models only. Where this port is supposed
    to be located, I can see a square shaped ingraving in the casing (kinda like
    you could knock it out possibly) so Im assuming by this that I do not have
    infared in here?

    The device manager shows VIA Fast Infared controller as being installed and
    when I remove it, it puts itself right back.

    HP tells me infared is in here but if its in here how can I tell? I dont
    think it is in here, and if its not, is there a way to put it in here? i
    read a long time ago somewhere someone having to buy some type of add on to
    use the infared port.

    HP Support cant answer my questions and I know so very little on this topic.

    Can anyone help?

    TIA

    Christina, Oct 27, 2003