Laptop speeds Factors FSB and Cache size

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Guest, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Which would be faster, Laptop 1 or Laptop 2?

    Laptop 2 only has a quarter of the L2 Cache but it is running 4 times
    faster!

    Laptop 1
    ======
    Front side bus: 400 MHz
    L2 cache : 1024 KBytes

    Laptop 2
    ======
    Front side bus: 1.6 GHz
    L2 cache : 256 KBytes

    Thanks for any thoughts

    Guest, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Normally I'd go for the 1.6GHz FSB, but it doesn't exist...

    William P.N. Smith, Dec 7, 2005