    Any of you guys or girls come across anything like this before? And if so,
    what do I have to do to fix it? Its driving me bananas!

    TIA Mick

    mick, Oct 27, 2006

  2. mick

    jpf321

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Distorted Sound WinXP

    I am having similar distorted sound problems. Seems to get progressively worse the longer or more often screensaver is activated. Restart cleans it until screensaver kicks in several times and worsens it again.

    WinXP fully patched/SP'd
    Acer TravelMate 4200
    Sound Driver: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Driver Date: 11/3/2006
    Driver Rev: 5.10.0.5319

    Started happening about 2 months ago. Around the same time I installed an HP Photoseries 3200 Printer/Scanner, although I can't necessarily specifically correlate. Sometimes when shuttingdown/restarting, I get a cannot end some HPxxxtrac or something program.

    Scanned with Spybot, Adaware and Avast AV last week, all clean. Running ZoneAlarm Firewall.

    TIA,

    jpf

    jpf321, Nov 30, 2006