    bright side it would mean that I can take it to bits if its going t
    be useless

    Thanks all, sorry for the waffle, 1st post you see :

    the_lucky_last, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Certainly sunds familiar, the power jack in the back of the laptop is
    prone to breaking. They can sometimes be repaired, but frequently
    require a new motherboard.

    One popular workaround is to get a docking station that feeds power in
    thru the dock connector instead of the power jack. A somewhat less
    palatable optionis to get a dead laptop of the same kind (with maybe a
    broken screen) that'll charge the battery for you.

    William P.N. Smith, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Thanks for the advice William, I'll have a look into that.

    It wouldn't surprise me if the power jack's given up - it's not bee
    treated with the most gentle of hands in its brief life

    Cheers

    the_lucky_last, Apr 21, 2006
  4. the_lucky_last

    Marc Guest

    Let me guess, is this an HP laptop?

    Marc

    Marc, Apr 22, 2006
  5. Surprisingly Marc, no.

    It's one of the famed Eurpoean marvels from Medion and I didn't have
    any say in the choice in the beginning unfortunately. Twas a
    present.

    Dan :)

    the_lucky_last, Apr 22, 2006