    of my current laptop (Inspiron 8500) don't have them. Are there any
    other companies that sell new laptops with tracksticks?

    Thanks.

    Syed, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Syed

    Jerry Park Guest

    I hope they aren't becoming extinct. Since I got my Inspiron 8200, I use
    the trackstick exclusively, using the touchpad only for scrolling. I've
    tried plugging in a mouse. Not nearly as convenient as the trackstick.

    Jerry Park, Mar 31, 2005

  3. My Dell Latitude D600 has it, and I know there are a number of other
    Dell business models with trackstick, though it can be hard to figure
    out which ones without doing a linear search...

    William P. N. Smith, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Syed

    Guest Guest

    Are you talking about the clitoris mouse in the middle of the keyboard?

    Guest, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Syed

    Syed Guest

    Thanks for the info. And yes, that linear search through popular
    manufacturers' clunky web sites is the most frustrating part.

    Syed, Apr 1, 2005
  6. Syed

    Syed Guest

    HEHE, yes, the clitoris mouse in the middle of the keyboard. AKA:
    eraser head, nipple, clit stick.

    Syed, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Syed

    Syed Guest

    I agree. For me, the trackstick is the best input device even compared
    to a standard mouse. And I say extinct because the few manufacturers
    that had them before on almost all models (Dell, Acer, Toshiba, even
    HP) now sell touchpad-only models.

    This is really frustrating as I would be willing to pay for the option.

    Syed, Apr 1, 2005
  8. Syed

    Guest Guest

    IBM still puts them on as well as Dell.