    change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to
    "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when you're
    on the external display!"?

    Donkey Agony, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Donkey Agony

    JHEM Guest

    DA,

    Setup docked and undocked Hardware Profiles.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Donkey Agony

    Donkey Agony Guest

    Thanks James. Could you give me a hint on where and how to set these
    profiles up?

    Donkey Agony, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Donkey Agony

    Donkey Agony Guest

    I had disabled network devices before based on docked and undocked
    profiles, but that always involved going into Device Manager and telling
    it to disable the device in question for the current profile. I
    couldn't figure out what that had to do with DPI settings.

    While it isn't exactly obvious as to why this is, it turns out that just
    *disabling the LCD display in the docked profile* does the trick. I now
    have Large Fonts when I boot undocked, and Normal Fonts when I boot
    docked.

    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, James.

    Donkey Agony, Dec 18, 2003