    of them? Or am I just better off recycling them?

    Thanks for any help.
    JEFF

    SV, Nov 11, 2003

  2. SV

    Ben Myers Guest

    Jeff,

    AFAIK, there is no risk in trying an expired cartridge. If the printed result
    is substandard, get rid of the cartridge... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 11, 2003

  3. SV

    GMAN Guest

    Since they were sealed, they should be ok. I am using one right now that was
    unsealed and is over 4 years old.

    GMAN, Nov 11, 2003
  4. SV

    Bob Headrick Guest

    They are probably OK as long as they were stored in reasonable conditions. HP
    cartridges have a limited lifetime warranty, and are covered as long as they
    still have original toner. See the following:
    http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/whybuy_warranty.html#LaserJet

    Regards,

    Bob Headrick, Nov 12, 2003
  5. SV

    SV Guest

    Thanks for the input gentlemen. I'll give one of them a try.

    SV, Nov 12, 2003
  6. I've used hundreds and hundreds of cartridges in various Laserjets
    over the years, usually buying cheap, remanufactured, closeout and
    sale items. I believe HP warrants their cartridges for as long as it
    still has toner in it. I've frequently had bad cartridges from
    remanufacturers, but it is always a problem with faulty
    remanufacturing procedures, never age.

    A bad cartridge can't really hurt the printer unless the cartridge
    leaks toner. Otherwise, it either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't,
    toss it out. Unless it's a genuine HP -- then make them pony up a new
    one under warranty.

    Marek Williams, Nov 13, 2003