    reinstalled and upgraded several times since then).

    Does anybody knows which was the last version to have it ?

    TIA.

    Winston Smith, Mar 18, 2009

  2. Winston Smith

    smlunatick Guest

    The classic Control Panel has been missing for some time in XP. What
    version of Windows are you using?

    This would help for your answer.

    smlunatick, Mar 18, 2009

  3. Well, the question wasn't about the design of the C.P. And despite the
    fact that I have blindly upgraded during the past years, the classic
    C.P. is still there (XPSP2). But it may be because I use the following
    ..reg tweak:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    ; NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Coolbits file
    ; Copyright (c) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
    "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000003
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
    "CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
    "SedonaDisable"=dword:00000002

    The temperature monitoring and alert was in both C.P. until they removed
    it. My question is (when and) in which version.

    TIA.

    Winston Smith, Mar 19, 2009
  5. Winston Smith

    smlunatick Guest

    The Cool Bits "reg" patch is also quite old. It seem that nVidia has
    stripped out the older Control Panel controls that the CB it looking
    for.

    You might want to consider looking at RivaTuner and re-post you
    question in the web forums of www.guru3d.com.

    smlunatick, Mar 19, 2009
  6. smlunatick wrote:
    [cut]
    I really don't know what each line is supposed to do but after applying
    this file in registry, I can switch to the classic CP, even now with
    driver 182.08_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql
    Thank you for your advice and quick replies. In the meantime I think
    I've found the answer to my initial question:

    94.24

    I'll check it soon (I'm no more a gamer and I'm trying to find a
    driver/renderer that doesn't produce tearing at 24p on my second monitor).

    Winston Smith, Mar 20, 2009
  7. Winston Smith

    appyappy

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    very useful information regards NVIDIA SLI Patch For Any Motherboardv .

    appyappy, Apr 11, 2009