  1. Michelle Steiner

    M-M Guest

    As did I

    M-M, Dec 20, 2013

  2. Michelle Steiner

    Mr. Strat Guest

    The few times I've had to contact him about something, he's been quick
    and courteous in his response.

    Mr. Strat, Dec 21, 2013

  3. Michelle Steiner

    M-M Guest

    The problem is, now it is unavailable. You cannot download Thoth from
    anywhere.

    M-M, Dec 21, 2013
  4. Matthew Lybanon, Dec 21, 2013
  5. Michelle Steiner

    M-M Guest

    M-M, Dec 21, 2013
  6. Michelle Steiner

    Charles Guest

    My experiences with Brian's support were also positive. And I recall
    reporting a bug to him and he swiftly fixed it.

    Charles, Dec 22, 2013
  7. You should have reported the ugly mishandling of unicode characters,
    that he incidentally forgot to fix...

    Laszlo Lebrun, Dec 22, 2013
  8. Michelle Steiner

    Tim McNamara Guest

    Thoth is not a ripoff of MT-NW AFAIK. It is a fairly blatant ripoff of
    John Norstad's NewsWatcher, upon which MT-NW is also based (with
    appropriate attribution of this being given, unlike Thoth).

    Brian's previous effort was YA-NW, also based on NewsWatcher with
    appropriate attribution. I liked YA-NW, which added a number of nice
    features to NewsWatcher, but Brian killed that and re-released it in a
    thinly disguised wrapper as Thoth. While he has claimed that Thoth is
    not based on NewsWatcher, it is obvious that it is in terms of
    functionality (I have never seen the code; I suppose it is possible that
    Brian wrote completely new code from the ground up and just made the app
    look like NW...).

    Tim McNamara, Dec 22, 2013