    Is the Barton CPU the way forward at the moment or is the Palomino better?

    Thanks,

    Dave.

    Dave Watson, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Dave Watson

    JK Guest

    Yes, abit nf7-s 2.0 is top notch nforce2 chipset.

    Kd7-s is with kt400 chipset which is too old. Kt600 is now available,
    but it cannot match nforce2.

    If you can buy the nforce2 with integrated graphics that is also worth
    to consider, if you are not a gamer.
    Palamino is not on the market any more (I think). It was a heater. Now
    it is barton or thoroughbred.

    A Tbred 2600+ with fsb333 (it is also available as fsb266) is a good
    buy. Combine it with 2 sticks of pc2700 ram or pc3200 ram.

    This is if you want a cheap solution.

    Next week comes the clawhammer from AMD. It uses other motherboards,
    since it has another socket.

    So prises are expected to fall soon on older stuff.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Dave Watson

    Alan Guest

    BartonXP2500, has 512 cache, and overclocks easily. Lower cost than Xp2600
    for better performance.

    Alan

    Alan, Sep 17, 2003