Latest Catalyst software - HELP ..how do I disable extended desktop?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Beemer, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    Have dual displays extended desktop and 9800 Pro. Upgraded Catalyst
    software today and now I cannot see how to disable extended desktop so that
    the secondary output will drive the svideo output to my TV.

    I do see the extended desktop and of course I have the secondary TFT display
    switched off. The TV has been detected although Catalst shows the computer
    monitor format and frequency and not the 100Hz seen before. I cannot see
    how to select the TV vertical frequency but perhaps this cannot be done
    until the extended desktop is removed?.

    It was a real pain to keep turning off extended desktop manually before as I
    could not see how do do this in a profile but now with the new Catalyst
    Control Center I can't figure out how to do it at all.

    Help Please

    Beemer

    Beemer, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    Have dual displays extended desktop and 9800 Pro. Upgraded Catalyst
    software today and now I cannot see how to disable extended desktop so that
    the secondary output will drive the svideo output to my TV.

    I do see the extended desktop and of course I have the secondary TFT display
    switched off. The TV has been detected although Catalst shows the computer
    monitor format and frequency and not the 100Hz seen before. I cannot see
    how to select the TV vertical frequency but perhaps this cannot be done
    until the extended desktop is removed?.

    It was a real pain to keep turning off extended desktop manually before as I
    could not see how do do this in a profile but now with the new Catalyst
    Control Center I can't figure out how to do it at all.

    Help Please

    Beemer

    Replying to my own post....

    Okay so I figured it out but by selecting clone and to go back select
    extended from the taskbar.
    Its still a pain doing this manual selection. If I had Windows media
    center would it be the same manual procedure?

    Another point is that I thought the TV could be a clone of the Radeon
    secondary not just the primary but I cannot see how to do this.

    Beemer

    Beemer, Mar 24, 2005