Latest mobiles

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by gulliver, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. gulliver

    gulliver Guest

    I've been looking at CPU upgrade recently.
    I'm expecting some warm-hearts here will help me or
    some peoples who want to do similiar thing will
    exchange ideas and info with me.

    My old laptop is 12xl300 with a celeron 600 cpu,and I plan to
    upgrade it to a P3 CPU.
    I found some useful information on this newsgroup:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...ue9.413258$

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...-8&selm=3E67272A.CB6FAC52%40valint.net&rnum=1

    It sais"Surprised me to see a laptop with the
    same Socket 370 CPU ZIF socket as desktops use! This is a "flip chip"
    Celeron in it now."

    Also "I have a 12XL3 that I successfully changed to a P3 1.1 Ghz, the
    chipset
    will recognize the processor and change the FSB. Obtain a processor
    that is
    in a FC-PPGA package NOT the FC-PPGA2 (there is a clearance problem
    with the heat spreader. Be sure to clean all of the thermal tape from
    the
    heat spreader with a solvent that leaves no residue (acetone is good),
    use a good thermal compound and follow the directions."

    So does this mean a normal desktop CPU will work in this laptop?

    And here:
    "You couldn't install a 1.2 GHz anyway. Those are Tualatin processors.
    1.1GHz
    is tops. The Board will autoselect the correct bus speed.
    No, the Compaq BIOS must be used. FYI, I have that laptop, too."
    So which kinds of CPU qualifies?Except none Tualatin and < 1.1GHz?

    One last question,I search price on net and found the 100MHz P3 CPUs
    are much
    more expensive than 133MHz P3 CPUs.Look weird to me.Why is that and
    which one should I go for?

    Thanks!

    Gulliver

    gulliver, Jul 14, 2004

  2. gulliver

    bskala888 Guest

    The Galaxy S2 was recently announced as the manufacturer's best selling smartphone, and is fast becoming the handset of choice for those who are looking for an alternative to the iPhone 4S.

    bskala888, Sep 4, 2012