    all said "whatever we have on stock..."

    Thanks.

    ZR

    ZR, Sep 22, 2003

  2. ZR

    Jef Norton Guest

    | 1. What is the latest Rev Level of the NF7-M ?
    | 2. Where could I get it (on line) ? - I have tried several
    | vendors (Newegg etc.) none want to guarantee the latest rev level -
    | all said "whatever we have on stock..."
    |
    | Thanks.
    |
    | ZR

    Hi ZR -

    1. 1.21 is the latest revision.

    2. http://www.zipzoomfly.com (formerly GoogleGear) has the latest revision.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Sep 22, 2003

  3. ZR

    ZR Guest

    Thank you so much for the update. I really am not into the audio and
    video arena. I like to have the basic A & V on the MB (but not for
    games and Opera...:)

    What I really need is the USB 2.0 which I have not been able to
    install on my current KT7A-RAID (...!!). I plan to transfer the XP
    2500+ Barton (with the L3-3 and L3-5 already cut) to the NF7-M and
    survive 2-3 more years with that.

    Any suggestions for a good but inexpensive source of DDRs (I do want 1
    GB though...).

    Thanks again !!!!

    ZR

    ZR, Sep 22, 2003
  4. And the graphics are cr*p :)

    Lester Piglet, Sep 22, 2003
  5. ZR

    SL Guest

    If you've got a video card, I'd consider putting into the NF7-S instead of
    buying the NF7-M. The video is very weak. At least compare your video to
    what's built into the NF7-S.

    SL, Sep 22, 2003
  6. ZR

    Jef Norton Guest

    | Thank you so much for the update. I really am not into the audio and
    | video arena. I like to have the basic A & V on the MB (but not for
    | games and Opera...:)
    |
    | What I really need is the USB 2.0 which I have not been able to
    | install on my current KT7A-RAID (...!!). I plan to transfer the XP
    | 2500+ Barton (with the L3-3 and L3-5 already cut) to the NF7-M and
    | survive 2-3 more years with that.
    |
    | Any suggestions for a good but inexpensive source of DDRs (I do want 1
    | GB though...).
    |
    | Thanks again !!!!
    |
    | ZR

    Hi ZR -

    As was mentioned by "SL" - if you're not interested in the on-board audio
    and video, you might be better served by the NF7-S board. It has the much
    better MCP2-T on-board audio (which bests many sound cards) and no on-board
    video. It does offer SATA and IEE1394, both of which are absent from the
    NF7-M. You'll also have better luck overclocking the NF7-S, if that's your
    intent (though with the on-board video disabled, the NF7-M does overclock
    better than it does with it enabled). If you're interested in a
    lower-priced solution and still want to use your add-on video card, look at
    the original NF7 (it's currently at revision 2.0). The NF7 offers the same
    on-board audio as the NF7-M (Realtek), no on-board video, SATA or IEE1394.
    Revision 2.0 of the NF7-S also natively supports a FSB of 400 MHz where
    earlier revisions of the NF7-S and all NF7-M and NF7 boards support up to
    333 MHz (and, of course, 200 and 266 MHz). All three boards support USB 2.0
    on all 6 ports.

    I cannot comment directly on the best source for inexpensive DDR memory. I
    can recommend that before you begin shopping for memory, head on over to
    http://www.nforcershq.com and check out the Abit nForce forum. There's a
    "sticky" thread there devoted to users experience with different brands of
    memory. Because all of the nForce boards are very picky about having good
    quality memory, you're better off deciding which memory best suits your
    needs based on quality and other folks experience then proceeding on your
    search for the best price for the memory you decide to use. I'm personally
    using Corsair XMS 3200LL memory (I have a gig installed) and I'm very happy
    with it -- but it's far from being considered "inexpensive" anywhere it's
    offered for sale.

    Hopefully I've provided some useful information.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Sep 23, 2003
  7. ZR

    Jef Norton Guest

    | I seem to have a problem getting a comittemnet from anyone on-line for
    | the Rev level of the NF7-S (2.0). They say that they ship whatever is
    | in stock.....
    |
    | Any suggestion for a reliable and inexpensive source ?
    |
    | ZR

    Hi ZR -

    You'll probably find that all of the major resellers (Newegg, ZipZoomFly)
    are only stocking revision 2.0. They sell enough stock that they've long
    ago exhausted the earlier revisions.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Sep 23, 2003