Latitude C series: Is a battery a battery ?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Fred Mau, Sep 16, 2005.

  1. Fred Mau

    Fred Mau Guest

    I've got several C series latitudes, CPi, CPxJ, C640 , and several battery
    packs and I no longer remember which properly went to which.

    Does it really matter ? They're all Lithium Ion but different mAh ratings.

    I've got:

    (2) Dell P/N 075UYF "Dell Battery Module" 14.8V 3800mAh

    (1) (No Part Number) "Dell Battery Module" 14.8V 4460 mAh

    (2) Dell P/N 0003149C "Latitude CP Battery Module" 14.4V 3000 mAh

    Okay, this last one is obviously for a CP not the C640, but which CP - the
    CPi or CPx or neither ?

    More importantly, can I have two different types of battery packs in a
    laptop at the same time - for instance a 3800mAh and 4460 mAh together in
    the C640 for extra staying power - or will this freak out the circuitry ?

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Fred Mau

    JEFFTUSTIN Guest

    A battery is not a battery, but the batteries that you've listed ar
    all intercompatiable with the Latitude CPx series
    You have two batteries of different AmpHour rating in the compute
    side-by-side, only one battery is in use at a time in the Latitude
    If you batteries are over 18 months old, its time to conside
    replacing them. I've had good luck purchasing fro
    www.laptop-battery.org

    JEFFTUSTIN, Oct 4, 2005