Latitude CPiA 366XT

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Saml, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. Saml

    Saml Guest

    Friend of limited means has been given a corporate castoff Latitude CPiA
    366XT (at least that's the model I glean from looking at the bottom of the
    case.) He's been told it is a 2001 machine. I've found some CPiA stuff on
    the Dell site, but can't find anything related to 366XT, so it's hard to
    tell if I'm looking at the right stuff.

    It's got 256MB of memory, a 3COM PC card modem, DVD/CD reader, floppy drive,
    XP Pro and Office Pro. No docking station, but with the software, it looks
    adequate for his needs.

    I've never had a laptop, but I see only a few problems with this one:

    1) The modem card has a RJ-11 connector that will break off in a heartbeat.
    It also has another connector (XJACK?) but the cable is missing. Any idea
    where a reasonably priced one can be found? (Richmond, VA area if that
    makes any difference.)

    2) Touch pad seems a bit flaky. Manual I found on the Dell site says to
    adjust click control panel, mouse, then the the "touch" tab, but I don't
    recollect seeing a "touch" tab. Any thoughts?

    Thanks, Sam

    Saml, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Saml

    Ben Myers Guest

    Use the service tag on the computer to find all the information you need to know
    about the computer. XP Pro would run sluggishly on this class of computer,
    especially with 256MB memory... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Saml

    BigJim Guest

    BigJim, Jul 5, 2006