  1. I didn't get offered a modular bay floppy drive for the D820, but I just
    noticed them for sale on eBay. Is it safe to assume that a Dell D/Series
    modular bay floppy would work? Thanks in advance.

    Thomas M. Goethe, Jul 16, 2006

  2. Thomas M. Goethe

    raluxs Guest

    Yes, it would.

    Good luck

    raluxs, Jul 17, 2006

  3. Thanks so much!!

    Thomas M. Goethe, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Thomas M. Goethe

    S.Lewis Guest

    Bid low.(g)

    I've got a brand new external floppy cable and D-series port replicator if
    you need'em. (g)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jul 18, 2006
  5. Thomas M. Goethe

    Rich Guest

    stew, might be interested in your port replicator for my D810. can
    you advise dell part number and the other particulars?

    73,
    rich, n9dko

    Rich, Jul 18, 2006
  6. Thomas M. Goethe

    S.Lewis Guest

    Rich -

    Picked these up on ebay to go along with a D610 I won over there. The deal
    on the notebook went bad (I posted on it so others might benefit from my
    mistake).

    I opened it just now to have a look (it's in a Dell secondary shipping box):

    Dell Advanced D/Port replicator, D/PN 2U444. I also was sure to get it with
    it's own power supply, (also new) D/PN F8834., power cord for the PS D/PN
    F2921.

    Was sold to me as new, and appears to be just that, though the outside of
    the Dell box looks a bit worn/aged though undamaged.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jul 18, 2006
  7. Thomas M. Goethe

    Rich Guest

    stew, i wonder if dell changed their part numbers at some point? the
    p/n for the d/port replicator is, according to dell, 310-2913. could
    this be an older version? what ports does it have?

    73,
    rich, n9dko

    Rich, Jul 18, 2006
  8. Thomas M. Goethe

    S.Lewis Guest

    Rich,

    You're referring to the Dell 7-number SKU, which may represent the same part
    but I can't be sure. I don't have a SKU on this one, just the 5-digit D/PN.
    They also have been known to assign different 5-digit part numbers to the
    same part supplied by different vendors (see older Dimension fan assemblies
    or floppy cage assemblies as an example.).

    It's a model PRO1X, to be used with (power adapter) PA10 which is also in
    the box. Here are the specs on it, and the ports match up to this
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/acc/dapr/en/7u874eb1.htm#1132497

    Photo of the PRO1X ports off google images:
    http://www.gocwi.com/ebay_pics/cwi_1/January 2006/6U643PR - VARIOUS - 01-26-06 - JB (4).JPG

    Photo of the PA10 adapter and cords:
    http://www.sfcable.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/dell-pa10.jpg

    I was half kidding about selling it, but the truth is that I hadn't even
    opened the shipping box until you asked. While I have a couple of people
    here with D600's or 610's, I'd not even contacted them to see if they wanted
    it. I typically would sell it for what I had in it, as retail I think this
    kit is around $199.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jul 18, 2006
  9. Thomas M. Goethe

    Rich Guest

    i know what ports are on the D/Port, stew...i have one but am looking
    for a second. i don't understand why dell would assign different part
    numbers for the same item. their website shows the 7-digit number i
    posted as a dell 'part number'. the 'mfg part number' is shown as
    GH074. very confusing. how the heck are ya 'sposed to compare an
    apple to an apple. maybe you're not and that's the point. hmmm.
    and, yes, dell's retail price is $199.

    i was asking what ports are on the item you have so as to compare to
    what ports are on the current replicators. if different it might mean
    that yours is an older version. i've been looking at them on e-bay
    but none have the same p/n that dell is showing on their website and i
    want to be sure i get the correct item. you can never be 100% comfy
    with e-bay.

    73,
    rich, n9dko

    Rich, Jul 19, 2006
  10. Thomas M. Goethe

    Rich Guest

    AND to make it even more confusing, Dell is showing two D/Port
    replicators on its website for the D810 (and others) but the pricing
    and part numbers are not the same.

    <http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=310-2913>
    is listed at $149 retail.

    <http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=310-7704>
    is listed as $199 retail.

    they appear to be identical or maybe my old eyes can't discern the
    difference. anybody got an answer to this?

    and while we're on the subject, has anyone done business with this
    eb-bay vendor? <http://stores.ebay.com/Bloommax> and if so what were
    your experiences?

    73,
    rich, n9dko

    Rich, Jul 19, 2006
  11. I've got a replicaotr and dock and the floppy is already on the way, but
    thanks for the offer!

    Thomas M. Goethe, Jul 19, 2006
  12. Thomas M. Goethe

    S.Lewis Guest

    Thomas -

    That's a great system (envy, envy). I haven't seen one of them yet, but I'd
    be glad to even have a D810.(g)

    Enjoy!

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jul 19, 2006
  13. Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it and got happier after removing McAfee
    and replacing it with Trend Micro. Much more responsive and much faster boot
    time. Wonder how it would run without any security software, but those days
    are long gone.

    Thomas M. Goethe

    Thomas M. Goethe, Jul 20, 2006