LCD Font Maker 3 can make pixel font data for LCD.

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by ninesky.en, May 7, 2007.

  1. ninesky.en

    ninesky.en Guest

    ninesky.en, May 7, 2007

  2. ninesky.en

    antedeluvian Guest

    LCD Font Maker 3 can make pixel font data for LCD.
    One of the most ingeneous uses of Microsoft Excel that I have come acros
    is to use it for a character generator.

    The original idea was published by Alberto Ricci Bitti in EDN:
    http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout...58986&pubdate=9/20/2001&spacedesc=designideas

    I improved upon it and published it as another design idea in EDN:
    http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout...207103&spacedesc=designideas&industryid=44217

    Following that, I developed it as a full blown application and included i
    as Chapter 5 as part of my book "Excel by Example: A Microsoft Exce
    Cookbook for Electronics Engineers" published by Newnes/Elsevier (i
    you'll pardon the commercial).

    -Aubrey Kagan

    antedeluvian, May 7, 2007