    but if there is no other option.....

    Thanks,

    Ralph.

    Ralph van Etten, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Ralph
    have you tried using the supplied Dell hardware diags yet ? Suggest this may
    be worth a go as it may confirm if you have a true h/w problem or perhaps
    some weird graphics driver problem. Having said that it sounds odd that an
    external monitor is ok which could suggest some connectivity issue between
    the graphics card and the laptop screen. If the diags say ok, then I guess
    you stand a chance of sorting it out by reload of the driver or perhaps an
    o/s reload as last resort before asking for a replacement under warranty.

    good luck
    Dave

    View From The Hill, Feb 22, 2005

  3. On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:46:53 +0000, View From The Hill wrote:

    Hi,
    Yes, tried that. All tests where completed successfully. (With the
    external monitor for the graphics tests.)

    Dell support finally replied (after 5 days...) and they suggested
    reseating the LCD display connector. Tried that, didn't work....
    So i'm afraid it needs replacement...

    Thanks anyway,

    Ralph.

    Ralph van Etten, Feb 22, 2005
  4. The screen needs to be replaced. If you can't afford to be without the
    system, call Dell Customer Support and upgrade to an onsite warranty
    before you place the service call.

    Edward J. Neth, Feb 22, 2005